Things you can do
- Lock your purse, wallet or other personal belongings in the desk when leaving for lunch or breaks, and take the key with you.
- Take your purse, wallet, keys or any medications you might need with you during a building evacuation.
- Lock up valuables when leaving for the day, both personal property and state property.
- If a crime occurs in your work area, leave the area alone in case evidence can be obtained.
- Call the police IMMEDIATELY to report larcenies that occur in your workplace.
Things you shouldn’t do
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight.
- Don’t make it known that you leave cash in your desk or office.
- Don’t leave cash in your desk or office if you don’t have to.
The majority of larcenies from state office buildings are preventable.