When you join the Division of Capitol Police, you have access to a competitive suite of benefit options available to employees of the commonwealth. The benefits below are available to full-time employees.
More detailed information may be found at the Department of Human Resource Management’s website.
- Vacation and other leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Sickness & disability protection
- 8 weeks of parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Permanent 8-hour shifts
- Employee assistance program
- Career development program
- Flexible scheduling for military leave
- Division fitness center access 24/7
- 3 hours paid leave weekly for physical fitness activities for sworn staff
- Health insurance enrollment available the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Life insurance benefit available at no cost, optional life insurance also available
- Automatic membership in the
Career Development Program
Allows all eligible full-time sworn police officers through the rank of lieutenant, and full-time communications officers the opportunity to apply for participation in the Division’s CDP. Eligible staff must have a minimum of two years service, post probationary period or 5 years of certified law enforcement experience.
There is an accelerated process for individuals with former police patrol experience/public safety communications experience.
The division’s CDP is a volunteer program and is contingent upon available funding.